The Clinical Trials Department has been involved in over 100 clinical trials in the last 30 years. Many of these trials have led to life-changing treatments used for a wide range of conditions including skin cancer, psoriasis and rosacea.
The research activities of the Clinical Trials Department are supervised and coordinated by specialist dermatologist, Associate Professor Peter Foley, assisted by Associate Professor Chris Baker, and Associate Professor Alvin Chong.
Successful treatments approved for use in Australia that were tested by our Clinical Trials Department include:
- 'Aldara' for: Basal cell carcinoma; Actinic Keratosis
- 'PDT Metvix & Daylight PDT' for: Actinic Keratosis; Superficial basal cell carcinoma
- 'Humira' for: Psoriasis; Hidradenitis suppurativa
- 'Soolantra' for: Rosacea
- 'Enbrel' for: Psoriasis; Psoriatic Arthritis
- 'Picato' for: Actinic Keratosis
- 'Secukinumab' for: Psoriasis
- 'Apremilast' for: Psoriasis
How do I become involved in a clinical trial?
View trials open to recruitment
Anyone can participate in a clinical trial. A referral from a doctor is not necessary.
Contact the Clinical Trials Department directly to enquire about current research projects to determine your suitability.
Phone: (03) 9623 9416