A one-day interactive workshop for GPs to review their skills in the examination, diagnosis and management of inflammatory disorders commonly seen in general practice.
Developed and presented by specialist Dermatologists for GPs and GP registrars. Coordinated and facilitated by Associate Professor Alvin Chong, Specialist Dermatologist and Educator.
This workshop is highly interactive and combines lectures with small group discussions and ‘live-patient’ case scenarios. It will provide you with increased confidence in:
1. Developing an outlined clinical approach to identifying common inflammatory skin conditions and their differential diagnosis
2. Identifying potential errors in diagnosis and how to avoid these
3. Choosing appropriate investigations/biopsies useful for confirming disease
4. Formulating/outlining appropriate management plans
5. Identifying potential complications from prolonged topical steroid use and how to avoid these
6. Implement appropriate resources to support patients with significant and debilitating inflammatory skin conditions, and
7. Knowing when to refer for specialist care.
Diseases and topics covered will include:
• Eczema and psoriasis
• Acne and rosacea
• Alopecia areata and vitiligo
• Principles of topical therapy.
- Great practical course! Recommend it to all GPs. (Dr R.B.)
- A day of worthwhile learning diagnosing and managing extremely common problems in general practice. (Dr P.G.)
- Time well spent with experts in the field discussion common skin conditions seen in General Practice. Seeing patients with these conditions was definitely a bonus. I would highly recommend attending these workshops. (Dr M.P.)
- Interactive and engaging. Enjoyed the case studies especially with Dr Ryan. Dr Alvin makes the entire workshop lively and fun. (Dr E.C.)
- Well organised. Friendly environment. Excellent written material (content and legibility). (Dr A.F.)
See what GPs have said about all our workshops - click here.
Registrations for our workshops are restricted to ensure small group discussions and close interaction with our dermatologists. Numbers will therefore be limited, and tickets are sold on a "first in, best served" basis.
This activity has been approved by the RACGP QI&CPD Program in the 2017 – 19 triennium for 40 Category 1 points - (Activity: 165614)
Please make sure you enter your RACGP number when registering to attend .
This activity has been accredited by the ACRRM for 30PRPD points (ACRRM ID#17405).
- GP $485.00
- GP Registrar/Trainee $425
If your cancellation is received on or before 20 September 2019, We will refund the registration fee, less $50 for the cost of administration. During the period 21 September to 30 September, we will refund the registration fee, less $150.00 administration fees. There will be no refund for any cancellation received after that date.
We are indebted to our sponsors for their support of this education program. Please show them your appreciation too.