skin health education day
Saturday, 23 February 2019
Leading dermatologists and skin care experts will provide education and training on how to diagnose and treat a range of common skin conditions. This day is particularly suited to nurses, GP’s and pharmacists.
This one day program will be led by Associate Professor Rosemary Nixon.
Topics will include:
- Performing a skin assessment
- Eczema: Wet wraps and when to refer
- Debunking dermatology claims
- Skin conditions in the elderly
- Health supplements and the skin
- What makes a good skin care product
- Scar management
- Corticosteroids: Friend or foe?
- Psychological impact of dermatological conditions
- Sunscreens: Physical versus chemical
- Men’s dermatological conditions
- Skin conditions involving the mouth
- Metabolic syndrome and skin disease
- Ulcers and wounds
- Systematic approach to making a diagnosis
$250.00 per person.
There is an early bird discount available until 31 December 2018 - $230.00 per person.
The Skin & Cancer Foundation Inc is an Accredited Activity Provider for the RACGP. This course has been accredited for 13 Category Two QI&CPD points for the 2017-19 Triennium. RACGP Activity No: 138311.
The Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM) has accredited this event as an educational activity that meets the College’s criteria.
If you are a member of the ACRRM, then attending this training day will qualify you for 7 Core PDP points from the ACRRM. (ACRRM ID: 13672.)
If you intend to seek these points, then please make sure you advise us of your ACRRM Number.
This activity is endorsed by The Australian Nursing & Midwifery Federation (ANMF) Federal Office. Completion attracts 9 CPD hours.
We are indebted to our sponsors for their support. Please show them your appreciation too.