PATCH TEST Training DAY
What's That Rash Doc?
FRIDAY 5 MAY 2017
Darling Harbour, Sydney (View map)
The Patch Testing Team from the Skin & Cancer Foundation Inc in Melbourne has put together the brand new program for the 4th Annual Patch Test Training Day. This will be the only Patch Testing Training Day held in 2017, so book your tickets early to avoid missing out on what has quickly become a very popular event.
The focus this year involves diagnosing contact dermatitis in the context of other common rashes on different parts of the body. The day is suitable for dermatology nurses, registrars and dermatologists, including those who have attended our previous training days and also those new to patch testing. It will also be a great opportunity to talk with presenters about cases of contact dermatitis that you have seen in your practices, especially those using Contact Allergen Bank Australia and for anyone wanting to improve their patch testing practice.
Topics to be presented include:
- Introduction - making a diagnosis
- Approach to rashes on the face and neck
- Approach to rashes on the trunk and legs
- Approach to rashes on the feet
- Approach to rashes on the hands
- Approach to rashes in the genital and perianal areas
- Practical considerations for patch testing
- Reading reactions
- Relevance of reactions - exposure assessment and performing ROATS
- Determining work relatedness, medicolegal reports and assessing impairment
- Treatment of contact dermatitis and outcomes
- Highlights from the European Society of Contact Dermatitis 2-16 meeting
- Contact Allergen Bank Australia 2017
- Questions and answer time
The team will also be presenting a number of case studies from their clinic throughout the day.
This will be the only Patch Test Training Day held in 2017. Positions are limited and, once positions have been filled, registration will be closed, so early registration is recommended.
COST AND REGISTRATION
Nurse/Registrar - Early Bird: $190 (ends Feb 27th 2017)
Nurse Registrar - Full Rate: $220
Dermatologist - Early Bird: $330 (ends Feb 27th 2017)
Dermatologist - Full Rate: $360
Other - Early Bird: $360 (ends Feb 27th 2017)
Other - Full Rate: $380
If your cancellation is received on or before 26th April 2017, we will refund the registration fee, less $30 for the cost of administration. There will be no refund for any cancellation after this date.
There are a number of accommodation options close to the Portside Centre, Sydney. Please click here to view these details.